Course Outline and Contents
– Track Maintenance and / or Renewal
– Switches and Crossings
– Track Geometry 1
– Passing trains over broken and damaged rails
– Raising and removing speed restrictions and inspecting the line after engineering work
The Network Rail standards worked towards are:
Some of the topics covered on the course are:
– Correctly using cross level to identify top defects
– Calculate correct twist value
– Measurement of track gauge
– Using the appropriate gauge to identify sidewear
– Positioning the structure gauge
– Using datum plates to check clearances and tolerances
– Use of rail callipers
– Correct use of void meters to produce dynamic measurement
The course duration is 3 days. Following the training, delegates are sent away with mentoring sheets.
The maximum number of delegates is 4.
There is a 3 year recertification period but an annual assessment is required.