This course aims to instruct staff on correctly determining their responsibilities and duties when working in a direct current conductor rail area.
• Describe the principles of the DC Electrified system.
• Identify the main components of the DC conductor rail system.
• Identify hazards and risks associated with being near or adjacent to the DC conductor rail.
• Describe how to cross the DC conductor rail safely.
• Describe how to transit tools and equipment safely across the DC conductor rail.
• Describe defects that would render insulated tools and equipment unfit for purpose.
• Identify hazards associated with working within DC isolations.
• Describe the work safe and emergency response procedures
• Demonstrate how to inspect insulated tools before use.
• Demonstrate the correct application and removal of conductor rail shields.
• Identify defective tools and shields.
• Identify the three risk control areas as stated in NR/L3/MTC/EP0152.
• Demonstrate how to cross the conductor rail safely.
• Explain how to safely transit tools, materials and equipment within the DC electrified area.
• Demonstrate how to apply a Track Circuit Operating Clip safely.
Upon successful completion of this course, competencies will be uploaded to Sentinel. Sentinel smart cards are ordered directly from Sentinel at www.railsentinel.co.uk
Must bring Sentinel smart card with PTS (or have just completed and successfully passed PTS Practical training)
Must be a minimum age of 16.
Meet the medical requirements of Network Rail Standard NR/L2/OHS/00124 Competence Specific Fitness Medical Requirements to minimum medical level 4 and Network Rail Standard NR/L1/OHS/051 (Drugs & Alcohol).
Photo ID – For British Nationals – a current and valid recognised, branded form of identity token, used for accessing the RMI (Railway Maintained Infrastructure) such as a Sentinel Card, full driving licence, passport, biometric ID Card, resident permit as per Home Office guidance or ‘ValIDate’ card. For Non-British Nationals – a current and valid passport is required.
Error: Error validating access token: The session has been invalidated because the user changed their password or Facebook has changed the session for security reasons. Type: OAuthException Subcode: 460 Solution:See here for how to solve this error