|More Dates Available on request|
|11/12/2017||Hoo Junction ME3 7TS||5||8:30am|
The Controller of Site Safety initial course is designed with the focus upon the role of the delegate within the scope of implementing safe systems of work, whilst attaining and understanding of how to utilise the available resources required “whilst on or near the line”.This course is essential for personnel who are to control a group of people “whilst on or near the line”.
- That the candidate currently holds a valid Sentinel Safety Card.
- That the candidate’s suitability has been verified by their line manager.
- It is the responsibility of delegates’ Local Manager to decide upon their suitability to attend this course, in accordance with the current issue of NR/L2/CTM/021 – Competence and Training in Track Safety.
- That the candidate is in possession of a current Personal Track Safety Logbook.
The course is designed to cater for a maximum of EIGHT candidates only.
The course will be presented by trainers in the classroom using the accompanying visual aids, Power point presentations and where appropriate supplemented by trackside sessions.
Other appropriate visual aids can be shown and discussed, sufficient time being allowed to answer delegate’s questions and points of discussion.
The training will be followed by theory and practical assessments.
Successful delegates will be recommended for assessment of competence under Employer’s Competence Management System.
Course Aims and Objectives
- PTS Recert (not Network Rail)
- Introduction to COSS
- Communicating clearly
- Delivering a Briefing
- Checking Qualifications
- Planning a Safe System of Work
- Line Blockage Procedures
- The Safe Systems of Work
- Working in a Possession and PICOS
Upon successful completion of the course and any additional modules the Sentinel will be informed of a decision of competence and the candidate will be issued with a new Sentinel card.